PADI Rescue Diver Course
Scuba divers describe the PADI Rescue Diver course as the most challenging, yet most rewarding course they’ve ever taken. Why? Because you learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, and become more confident in your skills as a diver, knowing that you can help others if needed. During the course, you learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem solving skills until they become second nature. Plus, the course is just fun – it’s serious, but still allows for lots of laughter in between the focused learning.
Next Rescue Course Dates 2018:
Pool Monday November 26th 6pm to 9pm
Open Water Scenarios Sunday December 9th: 1pm -4pm (Monterey)
$279 (W/ Book and Video)
PADI Rescue Dive Prerequisite: Divers must have completed a basic CPR/1st Aid course within the previous 24 months.
PADI Emergency First Response Primary and Secondry Care (CPR/First Aid and AED and *BONUS* PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider) Dates
Friday Oct 26th 6pm to 10pm
The PADI Oxygen Providor Certification card may be credited as a specialty towards your Master Scuba Diver rating. Students must attend both EFR and Rescue to be issued the Emergency Oxygen Provider card as portions of this are included in both classes.
What Are Rescue Diver Prerequisites?
- PADI (Junior) Adventure Divers who are at least 12 years old and have completed the Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive may enroll in a Rescue Diver course.
- You also need to have Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months. ou can complete this training during the Rescue Diver course. Your instructor may also offer the PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider specialty diver course at the same time.
What Do I Need?
Study with the Rescue Diver Manual and watch the Rescue Diver Video (a book and DVD package). Your PADI Instructor will meet with you to schedule knowledge review sessions along with your rescue exercises and scenarios.
Additional Equipment includes:
- Basic Scuba Equipment
- Pocket mask
- Surface Marker Buoy (SMB)
What will you learn?
The PADI Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills. Topics include:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
You may be able to get college credit for the Rescue Diver course – ask your instructor.Sign Up for Rescue Diver
Once you've become a Rescue Diver, you are better equipped to take on more challenges. Why not try one of these Scuba Specialty Certifications?